Sunday 16 December 2012

Concept No:3


Transformation – concept development

I was thinking of combining together the technique used by Vanity Fair in the portfolio photo shoot of “Ain’t we got Style” with the designs we discussed in class and merged together with art. I got this idea from a recent blog I posted by taking a famous painting and transforming it … in my case using this technique.

I did a trial of this concept by taking a snapshot of the balcony scene from Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet. To start with I didn’t want to keep the original models since Vanity fair used artists we know today and since this scene was seen in “Letters from Juliet” I decided to use that scene. I worked on it using Photoshop® and adapted it to be situated in Gaudí’s Casa Milà Barcelona.



My adaptation:

This was not what I was exactly aiming for! It is very close but paintings were not included. What I would be doing if I decide to further develop on this concept is to take the composition from a painting then add the elements of design and film into it instead of taking a snap shot of a film.

  
Blair Yarborough, 2007. Meredith College – Romeo and Juliet. [online] Available at: http://www.meredith.edu/english/walton/YarboroughZefferilli1.htm  [Accessed 12th December 2012]

Jay Hafling, 2010. A Life Less Ordinary. [online] Available at: http://lovethatred.wordpress.com/2010/10/06/a-life-less-ordinary/  [Accessed 12th December 2012]

Jonathon Penny, 2009. Europa Seeks: Casa Gaudi’ 5. [blog] Available at: http://arabianroundabout.wordpress.com/2009/10/03/europa-seeks-casa-gaudi-5/ [Accessed 12th December 2012] 

No comments:

Post a Comment