Sunday 13 January 2013

Development 2/5


Development 2/5

For my famous painting I decided to look back at my history notes and opted to use Picasso’s Les Demoiselles d’Avignon.  My first idea was to find photos of people in the pose that I wanted then use Photoshop to manipulate my images as I wanted. For the tables and chairs in the painting I would use designs we did in class.

 Picasso, P., 1907. Les Demoiselles d’Avignon Oil on Canvas (244 x 234 cm). [painting] Available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Les_Demoiselles_d%27Avignon.jpg [Accessed 20th December 2012]

But that remained only an idea, since I didn’t find any people in the right poses and to alter them myself they would have been more distorted than Picasso’s! It would end looking more like a collage rather than something more concrete and finished. Another problem was that I still had no inspiration from a movie.

This is an example from one of my previous blog posts of how the picture would look like if I used Photoshop.


I need some more brainstorming for this concept to come out right!

No comments:

Post a Comment